Thursday, October 16, 2014

IX.

IX.

1.
Trees creak by the window, and the wind
opens the door to my room, and all
gladdened in its attention: to be given away
is a delight. Already I catch myself moan
softly dragging my lip up inner arm.
My own inner arm! Betrayed by noises this
visitation, a door dreamed open by the wind.
I kiss the stranger and find my own
dimensions.
                   Does the ghost confusion flesh
(unwake to it & let dream guide you)
serve the same as when I lead you in absentia
dream paths for you to walk, by the stream that’s
still there, by perennials & strange leaping ash.

2.
Let me show you, the ash, always sudden
between the rocks, spear, tree true in lifelong 
October. Let me show you the City of Deities
leaves are getting in your hair. Wind driven
liturgical languages, Old Hebrew, Persian fled
to the dream (and their Kama Sutras with them).
The grass taps its secret ogham on your ankles
excited by the wind of my vision.
                                                  I am not above
touching the unaware. Those secret words confound
even from the rock its boyish Wordsworthian face. 
Even now are teased through the azure deception.
The wind blows through such substantial gloves. 
   
3.
An image is unfaithful, and for everyone.
Is the commerce of tarnished men and
women equally tarnished from the image 
mines. It’s known there’s more sex in Zola than
Miami. The images live between us, in passage
(if it’s not moving it’s dead). All the passage of the
world it’s worm-tube realities did you leave
yourself here, just coming into the subway
your suit job, another same love, another home
and forgot. A person is the forgetting of
a billion lives.
A person is an intimacy
one of two smears on the hard architecture
of exchange. His image(s) look civilized
the better to fool you with too hurried
to be trustworthy and far away by the time
you realize he hid the moon in your hill
what you thought was an old tree slinks back
to the forest and the damn light. you can’t 
keep a straight face & fill the receipt 
with rumors. has got into you.

4.
An image is what the wind dreams, a stone,
cowry-shell you’ve got to dig to find. Find
in me. Reach right in. The image is our
deepest feeling: all the tangible world
of dry leaves loitering in the basalt cobble-
streets; symmetry (Euclid still works in this local
time) or desperation, the tangible world becomes
its currency, imag
                           –ery. Exchange, symmetry, self,
a bunch of aliens to be ushered through, picked 
up as I wield the empty cardboard tube shorn of its
wrapping paper and it is a pleasure, I should
keep more rods around, Alicia, I say, good to 
the hand, to hold, the statement a sword is
not hurt, but in the handling, swords are for
pleasure.
               & I gesture my contentment cover
this bald fact between us ‘more than my images.’

5.
The sun sets single file and the touch lingers
still dissolving lumens, angstroms, long 
after the light’s gone out. Gone in. Feel is surviving 
radiance, residue to turn moon red.Your fall glow 
refracts the innumerable leaves’ last ditch 
shake. Shake free of each last moment.

6.
The work outlives the day (loose conglomeration
I had several pots of coffee I played with kids
manipulated them like adults before I got
my next thought down) & the other days happening
elsewhere respond to the moment’s attentive
musics its silent (to me) variations playing in so many
unknown rooms or headlines– we are the only
subtlety in these points of ‘incoherence’ those lives
more plentiful than bodies. Sunrises no one’s there
or no one looks up to see. These days live outside us
and the work is what happens here.
                                                     Gold medallion
hangs. sun–sign. on my chest and wind its words
& ways passes beneath. We come out of our houses
older than us and acknowledge our dark, blood-blue
fact– we carry it to the sun first you
find the light then you teach it to come out
of your heart in that order learn to let day pass
right through I pierce the disc with its lesson 
jaw dug in, if this is the food given to me
what I see I see for you without you there’s nothing.

7.
If the light holds anything is there perhaps
some carbon of gratitude or distaste
a residue in the occlusion one’s
world demands to be real. Are the images
seed enough and is it then the footprint

that is the measure of light however fast or slow it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment