Thursday, January 22, 2015

6.

6.

If one is the threshold 
of seer and seen
one is its discourse
and its eloquence
is happiness, or vice versa
just say it like it is
who’s on those feets today.

Pine needles or particulars,
the myth of me is metaphor enough:
ducks bob through the grief-stricken corn
on the suffering side of Stissing Mountain,
order espresso they give you LavAzza
dogs and cats mate in the old
church how much can I say
until you stop listening 
how much need see-
          will I be absolved?
The feet of night is a formal decision
stalking at noon
  how much breath-
I’m grass
listening to your feet
they never loved me
but in nearness.

… I said to him: “Your excellency,” (he had the rank of a general) “please explain to me why Yezidis cannot get out of a circle.” 
“Ah, you mean those devil-worshippers?” he asked. “That is simply hysteria.”
… and then he rattled off a long rigmarole about hysteria, and all I could gather from it was that hysteria is hysteria.

is grammar, and the trees groaning all together. A Capillorum arbor of Turkish Creations. The self-awareness of particulars. Complicity in the ring of waters. Devil of matter our fallen middle-man. Spirits of the lower air they used to call them, and called us worse, parading our devil’s nests clothes through the megachurch humus.


Let’s take the other front door from this thought. How to erase the ring, and take me with it! How get to the other side of the simplest matter. You run your hand along the curvaceous paten of middle-earth, as soon as you can see a squirrel’s ass, as the French say, high-tailing it from the dawn of your measure. Heaven is the end of my table.

No comments:

Post a Comment