Sunday, January 4, 2015

cont.

***

A ship in the broken waters
shameless distance of you and me
people under a streetlamp, 
their shoes crunch 
the glass of goodbye.
Like a swarm of fog-birds
in the weird light of dream
(how like a wharf!)
I disembark
the bastard world of a ship
Nothing’s sister
one of those make-believe faces
that brings me to you.

***

First thing you 
wake up in me
thaw, thrill
the melting snow
of you I thaw
word wakes inside 
the world saying, feckless
valueless
  but for love
that is no value
but whatever. Anything.
A gift.
Thrill of
inside
of sparrows
fastest in the 
morning, vaulted
over my old church
at the thought of you
hovering on the horizon
of sleep or sheep:
all species of
relation,
and the departures
necessary, to be sparrow
or lover, or picaroon
as we are 
leaving the event
the birds the wet
road between us.

He (whoever he is)
gives one last look back
from between his legs from
the middle of the bridge
    fin of the open
inspired duct, open mouthed
yellow perch
of the stream as it moves through
past the paper-mill.

No comments:

Post a Comment