Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Procession of Hours

1.
An elephant thinking about particle physics
of course that’s what it does what not
splashing itself with mud to ward off flies
and heat– it all says the same, no cognitive
limit besides the mistake of mind this lazy
watering hole she rolls down the street
and calls her husband. Say anything

the little bit of land we have will keep us
close to the ocean. Start talking and you’ll
find your way.

2.
Language still compels these memories
what we really need it never forgets
my syllabic friends, my thought of you
lights your way, away, wherever we go
conscious players in a nonexistent game
so the sparrows dance around their nest
with only the light inside, the exit sign
to show their way down from the sun.

3.
There’s no turning around to get home
that’s what’s meant by the procession
of hours, it’s for you on the path
to find dream hidden in sleep. Fall forward.

4.
There is no way without a me
this tiny sin that stands between the light.
This too is hidden, me
a dream waiting in your sleep.
Or so it’s translated literally
from what I imagine to be Chinese
this faint light that becomes you
just strong enough to see noon. No one.
A sort of moonlight on our human books
that all speak of the river.

5.
I guess I've noticed the theme 
is water, antidote we tell ourselves
translucent, pure flesh sliding along
thinking thinking’s syntagmatic floes
sky’s earthly body washing away the clouds.

6.
A Bad Car Dealer sells Bad Cars
subject predicate all we ever need to know
A for Anagogy Bud Charles did tell me
it all comes back to this famous Aleph
article from which I long ago set out
walking in the wrong direction, my Hebrew
calling the names of demons.
Doing it all wrong, as usual. But still we return
li angeli che tornavan suso in ceilo
the angels twister their way back to heaven, 
a susurrus up the downward road of their backs.


No comments:

Post a Comment