Saturday, March 11, 2017

EMPYRUS (A Tiara)

EMPYRUS (A Tiara)

Heals and hurts Wyatt said
of the fire. Though it does
neither in this Empyrus, place of
fire; all of us, where a moving thing
has got where it was going. Still. Until it
gets there, he meant; uncertain
medicine, San Cyprian. Good here
evil there, the alchemist in her oven.

The alchemist in her oven, in her hands
the slowly forming stone. Love’s messy.
I work at the thought of you with these
my best mistakes. A hasty catafalque
come looking for its body, death itself is delivered
us by the hands of death. The body arrives like 
the other side of anything, that turns out to be both sides.
The work is done. Wings wash themselves in the flame.

Wings wash themselves in the flame
as Donne says, in the slackness where illness gets in
but there is no illness no field lies fallow
look under the ground bold Templars worship still
cardiovascular linguists lazy fire in their wet hands
it’s obvious if you watch the movement of the crows
as they land precisely here on this winter field, so you know
this will be important for you later.

This will be important for you later
so we continue to remember this temple
the mountains the sky; we run around the bases
and already I’ve forgotten that science
I minded before they took my cup
while a new quartzite Ozymandias
rises from the mud in a Cairo slum, I can almost
remember, your eyes rising over the hill.

Your eyes rising over the hill
the human food of bliss trudging slowly
up the steep grade my feet affirm
in the only dark I know clear through
to yours the wind striking the tones of the house
like a methodist haunted by shakuhatchi flutes
I said I was no one but then the train came
our holy fabrication, both heals and hurts.


No comments:

Post a Comment