Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A Dante Étude


His “Greatness and Sweetness”
are the completion:
context & deliverance
of syntax within the unending sentence.
“The word aiding us from Heaven,
to be of service
to the vernacular speech.”
Symphony scintillating
from a single note

but really the “nothing” before it–
she is my demanding wife.

Between her and myself
caught in another weird threesome
poor Dante, death brings no rest
we are there still climbing up
with language for our only ladder
the very thing that keeps heaven away
with its yearning

that learns me the shifts 
of this body
instrument
to play this song.

*

Reflect with blessings upon the day that I took you
Love spoke, it seemed to me joyously, within my heart.
Whose heart?
Love claims to be Dante’s Master.
Who is free from the heart’s grasp? Not Love.
No thing unblessed by the shadow of this doorway,.
My mouth gives its words away. And they all mean you.

*
I’m anyone it’s true
and then these yous turn into me
so I keep my void accessible
with only others there
to wear my clunky moods
forgive me for all cause is pain

that never-happened thing I can’t stop remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment