Thursday, November 6, 2014

2/V.

V.
1.
I stand next to you anywhere like
the shadow of the sea in the blood
of Friday night so many moments with
nothing but water in common
you can kiss me
for free at any restaurant I am the aqueous
moon you this way and reel 
around the piazza
  your motions articulate with give and take

wet & urgent, like water, hot, from within

the eye, bubbled out from the hand, one sees
what is necessary, response is self-possession,
but not of yourself–

The line is a lifetime one can’t be held to more
I mean there’s only more I can’t be held
you want to be-hold, me– you are me,
want to be you again– I’ll do anything to feel you there. 

It’s the drama of my life where are you.

2.
You and me what a fabulous confusion
how easy it was to become strange again
the jostled excitement to bump a body 
in the crowded knowing by such-wise
inner-flesh not delineated, but animating
life of the crowd agitates
new land, atomic overflow
that is beauty’s decomposition, that nostalgic now
every moment’s planned obsolescence

the toothless, mouthless whisper

easy to become whole again
for a little
    it would be so simple
but that the giants, our mysterious mothers 
like a highschool dance are born suddenly between us.

The giants feel nothing but hover over and beyond us
the city of their youth we are their nostalgia
never let go your chips. But who cares about
giants, they can’t be felt, only you
o pedestrian o regular moonlight only you
can be, the actual hammer of the atomic
hammering. The giants bore us into love of each other.
The immense shadow of a touch opens its 
Brobdingnagian land within, where the so-called chips
with which you gamble and can never lose
lie strewn across the beach as far as you can see.

3.
It makes no sense, but that hardly matters now
don’t you dare call this a dream, and whoever she is
with the rags, with the bodiless voice and rippling
clothes– there’s a giantess who stalks
the land I describe when I don’t know what I’m talking about,
and I’m talkin' to you, sis, through the blessed contingencies
we call your wood. The solid stuff between the sea and her own undulations.
Between the waters and the deceitful rippling grass. 
The ring of flesh around the island we live on, 
call out to her. I’m not proselytizing, 

I mean that’s just what we do, the characters of her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment