Wednesday, December 31, 2014

12.31.14

12. 31. 14
A push and I roll forward over
the old patterns, the stones, trees press into me
some Mixtec calendar
a leopard head and half a snake for feet

I walk on the near side of propinquity
a Mixtec rogue whose day is today
is blood and bits of its assignations
tied belly up on this stone slab

I who was so lately free
under my own simple sign
the rabbit
banner of corn-cakes and water

who watched the lizard crawl up
the white wall above the coefficients
of the half risen sun
little knowing it meant me

what it meant to be meant
or the roguery of seeing
or that the clear blue winter sky
was to be cut open for the new year

from the rabbit the flint to emerge
that I ever saw this sky! this lizard
as the rogue pushed me from behind
and I took the place of a rogue

of a belly-up sky, I was pushed in
and thought the subjunctive
thoughts of one driven
through the ceaseless actioning of forms.

Am the flint knife
falling from the opened sky-
the stranger burst out of your corn-cakes

who never goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment