Tuesday, December 23, 2014

WRKBK 8

8.

I leave a patteran, somewhere, crossed sticks, the leaves in the trees

A missing rhyme a sunken ship in an unseen harbor

A movable predicate, a you, somehow, here, being me

A puddle a branch on what you thought was the innocuous pavement:

It’s along the stupid street I tell you public and unreserved

Where I write my name a thousand ways they go on

What’s a pilgrimage but a sort of distance you follow

The road from the corner of your eye arrive anywhere.



patteran (plural patteran)
  1. Any of several coded signs left along a road or on a non-Roma house by one Rom to another. The most common ones consist of crossed sprigs (usually of different trees or shrubs) indicating, for example, a direction travelled

From Romani patrin (leaf), perhaps specifically from an inflected form like Vlax Romani pateryánsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment