Tuesday, September 8, 2015

1.
Finches on the golf course
tell you about
last year’s snow.

2.
I tell my silent stories
anybody’s, listening to the stones
speak with no words.
Only the old can give gifts.
It’s the way they wrap them:
put your finger on the azimuth
and pull the planetary leashes.

3.
My long face stretches
through prairies and bus-stops
something done in the dark
night’s pulsing topology
the instantaneous manipulation
of time, Tetragrammaton of crickets
enervate to baffling powers

the moon is my slender mask
appearing everywhere
and in several places
I sit behind a great rock
a stolen book open in my lap, finger
on the diagram
by the light of this reflection.

4.
Sun & moon
in the same sentence.
Dew forms on my aigrette
in a world of quartz.

5.
To listen is to be born
organs enfeoffed
to the outer world, liverwort 
high-tide: the Doctor shows you a picture
pink squirrel on oak bough
the cures of 5th Ave., take a carriage into the wilderness
upper east side: what you see is what you will now be

he said, Baruch, John, but you were healed when you read my sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment